Where It All Begins

 

Where It All Begins

As I walk out of the ocean onto the shore with the waves slapping the back of my legs, I think to myself it's good to be home. Approaching the meadow that must be crossed to arrive at my home I notice in the distance the wheat bowing in a crisscross pattern. Chuckling and thinking to myself, “it's game on!”. Front paws extended, hind legs crouched, glowing green eyes focused I stealthily maneuver the wild flowers and hay of the meadow intent on cutting off the pursuer. As if a starter pistol had sounded in the air, the two race towards each other at lighten speed. Crashing into one tumbling, twisting, twirling, hugging and laughing. The two best friends are overjoyed to be united again!

Isabel my friend it is wonderful to see you again. Both of us in original form continue side by side through the meadow chatting and catching up. 'So Miss Isabel', I ask, “what are the tasks on hand?”. Suddenly transformed to serious from playful both in appearance and manor she begins. Well, as you know it is a very busy time of year with the harvest gathering approaching quickly. I do however try to spend as much time with Edward as possible in the garden and with the animals. Catherine, as she is always at this time every year, is in a tither preparing the cottage driving the tall one, who is so kind to help, and myself crazy. She is very energetic, fiercely focused and determined which is demanded from others lovingly and passionately. Drained as we may be the excitement of the harvest is a powerful driving force of strength. “I see”, I reply with a laugh and a tone of understanding while trying to contain my excitement.


Suddenly the cottage comes into view. We can hear Catherine exasperatingly telling the Tall One, “No, no that is not Mullein! Over there!, over there! The ones with big fuzzy leaves”. The Tall One just lets out a big heavy sigh with a frustrating ugh!. The two then burst into heart-felt, belly busting, eye tearing laughter.

This is the whimsical, magickal beginning place where wisdom unfolds shared from traditions of spirit guides, the ancestors & elders, far off galaxies, mystical places and the land of imagination for the greater good of one ~ true home! The challenge is keeping the balance simultaneously on both plains. Anyway we will get back to more of that later now is the time to celebrate the present!

Like the Tasmanian Devil I tornado through the front the door accompanied by an over resounding HELLO!. Oh! the cottage is a wonderful place meticulously designed by Catherine to fulfill all of her needs and wants beating in perfect harmony with her essence. The domed thatched mushroom like roof is fitted with a spiral drying rack reaching the highest peak for the abundance of herbs, flowers, and spices filling the grand open room with the most intoxicating aromas.

We all hug and greet each other and Catherine quickly focuses back to the task at hand asking, “Where is Isabel?” Knowing that Isabel made a bee line to Edward figuring I was the perfect distraction for a few well-deserved moments of peace I respond, “I think she went to see Edward. I am cutting through heading there now and will send her on her way”. Yes, Yes, you know there is lots of work to do. Speaking of things to do are you prepared for the harvest? Walking towards the back door grabbing a treat off the table I tell her I am. Yikes, I do have a little to finish but I always seem to work best under pressure or, so I tell myself. Catherine responds with a bit of doubt – Uh ha off with you now.


With a twist of the door knob and step over the threshold I am always amazed with the breath taking view of Edward's creation. Wings expanded I soar on the wind towards the barn looking down taking in every magnificent color, some of which have never been seen,. “I hear the song of a bird”, says Edward as he feels my approach. Laughing, he picks me up in a bear hug twirling me around. Low and behold who do I see – Isabel! Happy as as a clam. Eee Isabel you're in big trouble. Catherine is looking for you. You better be on your way. Head down with tail between her legs she heads towards the cottage. I call out, “Come on Isabel put a little pep in your step. You know you secretly love being involved in the festivities.” Pace quickened as she is happily on her way.

Edward everything is simply gorgeous! “Yes indeed it is it will be a grand harvest. Are you on your way home or intending on visiting? Although I would love the company and conversation there is much to do”. No visit Edward just stopping by for a quick hello while on my way. “Good, good we will visit soon. I am sure you are ready for the harvest correct?” Again, knowing I have a little to go I respond, “Oh Yes”. Yikes, I am sure by now you are understanding how import the harvest is but what you don't realize is the enormity of the event.


Leisurely walking, clearing my thoughts and focusing on my final preparation for the harvest I reach my creation...my home. Built into a cliff behind a beautiful waterfall with her eyes & faces she is magnificent! I call my home her/she because she is every much a living, breathing being just like you & me! Besides, I am so in awe of her I can't seem to come up with a proper name. There is no name grand enough to express my love and gratitude for the protection she gives me. I don't think she has thought of name that fancies her either – lol.

I, no sooner walk through the glass doors into the grand wide open main space with ceilings so high it reminds you of the dark night sky and in walks the Tall One. I love when the Tall One visits no matter how high those ceilings are it always makes me chuckle watching him adjust to confines of the space. But I really have to prepare for the Harvest Festivities – yikes!

“Hello, what brings you here?”, I ask in which he responds, “well I was hoping you would be interested in having a little fun”. This is always worrisome and sometimes hard to answer coming from the Tall One but it is always fun! I quickly explain with panic in my voice that I was just starting to finish for the Harvest Festivities and, I am so far behind. “Oh come on”, says the Tall One, “And put this on.”

He hands me a long furred hooded coat and proceeds to put one on himself. As I am thinking oh dear what am I in for he grabs me by the hand and through the door we go! My heart is racing we are moving so fast that you can't make out what is around you. Then suddenly we are standing in the middle of the forest in the middle of the night in only who knows where! A little exasperated I ask, “Tall One where are we? And why do you have to be such a dramatic traveler?” “Ssshhh, Ssshhh listen.”, he says. A little annoyed I exclaim, “Listen to what?!”. For the knocking. The knocking? Yes, “Yes listen for the knocking”, he says as he picks up a branch which is more like a tree stump for you and me.

To my surprise the knocking did begin and was responded to by the Tall One when off in the distance I noticed some movement. Some people in search of something. Tall One do you see those people and what are they looking for? I do see them he replies laughing, “They are in search of big foot”. Giggling I say, “Oh Tall One”. “Come on we are just going to run by them. Just enough for them to get a glimpse, and we will be on our way. Hold tight!” And in the same manor as we began we were back in my grand room!

As we are laughing talking about how funny it was to hear those people saying, “What was that?! Did you see you that?!,“That was major evidence!” I am surprised to hear and see Isabel stretching as we awaken her from her nap. “What have you two been up to?”, she asks suspiciously. We just busted out laughing.

Oh, yikes Tall One I am really behind now I exclaim as I furiously gather the things I need. Both of them stare at me blankly because time has a much different meaning here than on the other plane. What is 10 minutes here could be up to a day later there! I gotta go, I gotta go. Oh, I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

Dashing on the path and through the field I reach the ocean shore for my departure. It has been quite a time here, so I think I will nestle in the sand crab like for the night. Besides there is nothing better than crawling out onto the warm morning sand faced with a glorious sunrise to start your day! “Grrr Tall One”, I think one last time before I sleep. Laughing, I think to myself but it sure was fun. In my rush I didn't get to say good bye to Catherine and Edward but they are use to the unexpected arrivals and departures by now. Shortly I will be back for the Harvest Festivities but it is never soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Burns Eternal